Para acceder a los documentos con el texto completo, por favor, siga el siguiente enlace: http://hdl.handle.net/2445/67860

A program of nurse management for unscheduled consultations of children with acute minor illnesses in Primary Care
Fabrellas i Padrès, Núria; Juvé Udina, Eulàlia; Solà Pola, Montserrat; Aurín, Eva; Berlanga-Fernández, Sofía; Galimany Masclans, Jordi; Berenguer, Lidia; Pujol, M. Cèlia; Lacuesta, Sara; Villo, M. Cinta; Torres, Montserrat
Universitat de Barcelona
Introduction: Attention to patients with acute minor illnesses represents a major burden for primary care. Although programs of nurse care for children with acute minor illnesses in primary care started a long time ago, there is limited information about the results of these programs in current practice. Objectives: The objective of this study was to assess the feasibility and efficacy of a program of nurse management for unscheduled consultations of children with acute minor illnesses. Methods: Observational study of children seeking unscheduled consultations for 16 acute minor illnesses in 284 primary care practices during a 2-year period. The program of nurse management used predefined management algorithms. Findings: Among 467,160 consultations performed, case resolution was achieved in 65.4%. The remaining 34.6% of cases were not solved by the primary healthcare nurse due to the existence of signs of alarm and were referred to a pediatrician. Return to consultation during a 7-day period for the same reason as the original consultation was only 2.6%. Conclusions: A program that uses management algorithms is effective for nurse care management of children with acute minor illnesses in primary care. Clinical Relevance: Application of programs of nurse management for unscheduled consultations for children with acute minor illnesses is feasible and effective.
Infermeria en l'atenció primària
Administració dels serveis d'infermeria
Pediatria
Protocols d'infermeria
Primary nursing
Nursing services administration
Pediatrics
Nursing care plans
(c) Sigma Theta Tau International, 2015
info:eu-repo/semantics/embargoedAccess
Artículo
info:eu-repo/semantics/acceptedVersion
Wiley
         

Mostrar el registro completo del ítem

Documentos relacionados

Otros documentos del mismo autor/a

Fabrellas i Padrès, Núria; Juvé Udina, Eulàlia; Solà Pola, Montserrat; Aurín, Eva; Berlanga-Fernández, Sofía; Galimany Masclans, Jordi; Berenguer, Lidia; Pujol, M. Cèlia; Lacuesta, Sara; Villo, M. Cinta; Torres, Montserrat
Berlanga-Fernández, Sofía; González López, Noelia; Mestres Oller, Roser; Cujó López, Eva; Burrell Riu, Núria; Fabrellas i Padrès, Núria
Berlanga-Fernández, Sofía; González López, Noelia; Mestres Oller, Roser; Cujó López, Eva; Burrell Riu, Núria; Fabrellas i Padrès, Núria
Solà Pola, Montserrat; Fabrellas i Padrès, Núria; Pulpón Segura, Anna M.; Sancho Agredano, Raúl; Olivé Ribas, M. Engracia
Fabrellas i Padrès, Núria; Sánchez, Carmen; Juvé Udina, Eulàlia; Aurin, Eva; Monserrat, Dolors; Casanovas, Esther; Urrea, Magali